Stately Form that Matches the New Generation Model
Adopting the legendary centre paneling of the D-ILA projectors, the new form has no decorative lines but only features simplicity for the pursuit its functionality. Symmetrical design centred on the lens that is set in the core conveys a stately form with a sharp impression that fits the new generation models.
4K Native and 8K/e-shift Projection
*1: The projector does not support 8K signal input.
Frame Adapt HDR function
The Frame Adapt HDR function* enables reproduction of any HDR10 content dynamically and in high-resolution!
The colour grading of HDR content varies, some HDR content are adjusted to bright side and others to the dark side. Using JVC’s original algorithm, Frame Adapt HDR instantly analyses the peak brightness in HDR10 content frame-by-frame and in real time adjusts the projector to the optimum dynamic range. What’s more, the gamma processing accuracy of gradation performance has been improved dramatically from, 12-bit to 18-bit.
All these advancements help to bring out deeper blacks in darker scenes, and higher peaks in brighter scenes without losing colours. Reproducing images with smooth gradations, that are closer to reality as seen by the human eye. (*from firmware version 3.10 and higher)
In the picture, scene 1 represents a dark scene, scene 2 a bright scene and scene 3 a combination of bright and dark.
Brighter, High Contrast, Wide Gamut
High-quality, Clear Picture with Brightness
Maximum brightness of 2,200 lm*2 can be achieved by combining a 265 W ultra high-pressure mercury lamp and a highly efficient optical engine. *2: Achieved on the DLA-NX9.
Images Full of Presence with D-ILA’s High Contrast
JVC’s original D-ILA device combined with an optical engine equipped with a wire grid results in a high native contrast ratio of 100,000:1*3. Combined with Intelligent Lens Aperture, a dynamic contrast ratio of 1,000,000:1 can be achieved*3. *3: Figures for the DLA-NX9.
Vivid Images through a Wide Range of Colours
By using a new cinema filter, the projector achieves not only 100% coverage of the BT.709 but also coverage beyond the DCI-P3*4 display range used in film production. The wide color gamut ensures a more accurate reproduction of HDR content and natural gradations. *4: DLA-NX9 and DLA-N7
High quality, all glass lens
All glass, high-resolution lens with full aluminium lens barrel
The DLA-NX9 is equipped with an 18-element, 16-group all-glass lens featuring a full aluminium lens barrel. In order to project high-resolution images to every corner of the screen with the 100 mm diameter lens offering wide lens shift of ±100% vertically and ±43% horizontally, the projector adopts five ED lenses that take into account differences in the R/G/B refractive index to reduce chromatic aberration and colour fringing when lens shift kicks in to deliver precise reproduction of 8K-resolution projection. The DLA-N7 and DLA-N5 models feature a 17-element, 15-group all glass lens with 65 mm diameter to project fully focused 4K native resolution to all corners of the screen.
Using an optical sensor and a proprietary software*7, optimum calibration can be applied in just a few easy steps to match the changes in optical characteristics caused by the installation situation of the projector. Auto-Calibration optimises all essential elements found in the image, including colour balance, gamma characteristics, colour space, and colour tracking.
*7:An optical sensor and proprietary software, which is downloadable from JVC website, are required to perform auto calibration function. Refer to the JVC website for details.
Pixel Adjust Function
The Pixel Adjust function allows users to precisely correct colour deviation in 1/16-pixel increments*.It is also capable of segmenting the entire screen into 121 points and adjusting them individually to realise clearer video without colour deviation. Two settings can be stored in the memory.
High Dynamic Range (HDR)
HDR (high dynamic range) content contains more data including an extended brightness range, 10-bit gradation and a wide BT.2020 colour gamut. For this reason, high basic performance is required for precise reproduction by the projector. With D-ILA projectors, HDR content are optimally reproduced with “high-brightness, high contrast, and wide gamut” to enjoy high quality HDR content as you’ve never experienced in the past. Moreover, in addition to HDR10 content, which is found on UHD Blu-ray Discs, the projector automatically detects the Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG) signal, a technology used widely in broadcasting, allowing the user to view it in an optimum picture mode.
Auto Tone Mapping
Automatic Adjustment with Auto Tone Mapping *5
The Auto Tone Mapping function featured on the latest models automatically adjusts each content based on the values in the mastering data, such as Max CLL and Max FALL*6, which indicate the brightness of the HDR content. Image quality is automatically adjusted for optimal viewing of various HDR images with different brightness.
*5: Content without mastering info is set at fixed level or can be adjusted manually.
*6: Max CLL (stands for Maximum Content Light Level); Max FALL (stands for Maximum Frame Average Light Level)
- JVCs proprietary 8K/e-shift technology reproduces image quality beyond 4K** (The projector does not support 8K signal input)
- New 0.69-inch 4K D-ILA (4096 x 2160) device x 3
- Colour Management System with 6-axis Matrix
- Auto-Calibration Function using an optical sensor* is capable of optimizing essential elements in the image, including colour balance, gamma characteristics, colour space and colour tracking
- Low Latency Mode suppresses display delay for faster response when receiving signals from PC and game consoles
- Renewed Clear Motion Drive supporting 4K60P (4:4:4) signal improves moving images more than ever
- Motion Enhance technology reduces residual images and blurring that are often found in fast-moving images by optimally controlling the drive of D-ILA devices
- THX 4K Display Certification to ensure the precise reproduction of picture quality in 4K content, just as the original filmmaker envisioned.
- Multiple Pixel Control image processor accurately reproduces images closer to the original
- ISF C3 (Certified Calibration Controls) mode** to reproduce excellent picture quality optimized for specific environments.
- Wireless transmission options for 3D viewing: RF (radio frequency) system transmission with PK-AG3 3D Glasses for 100H continuous operation and PK-EM2 3D Synchro Emitter
- Nine settings of Installation Mode include Lens Control, Pixel Adjustment, Mask, Anamorphic on or off, Screen Adjust, Installation Style, Keystone, Pincushion, and Aspect; stored installation modes for various environments can be called up.
- Native Contrast Ratio of 100,000:1 translates to a spectacular Dynamic Contrast Ratio of 1,000,000:1
- Wide Colour Gamut above exceeds DCI/P3 spec creating saturated, beautiful images that come to life
- High brightness of 2,200 lm provides vibrant and dynamic imagery
- 18-element, 16-group all-glass 100mm diameter high-quality lens
- Compatible with HDR technology that dramatically improves image quality that rivals real life.
- Compatible with Hybrid Log-Gamma that is expected to be used widely in future broadcasting
- Installation Mode centrally manage nine settings related to installation to enjoy video best suited for each environment
- Display the MaxCLL and MaxFALL mastering data available for HDR content on some UHD Blu-ray discs
- Auto Tone Mapping function automatically adjusts settings for optimum HDR10 image quality
- For easy reproduction, the projector switches automatically to HDR picture mode when HDR10 signals are received
- *Exclusive JVC software installed in PC and optical sensor are required. Please visit the JVC website for details. **Professional calibration to desired screen is performed by trained dealers