The Newly developed 0.69” native 4K D-ILA device
The newly developed D-ILA device, with a pixel pitch of 3.8 μm, occupies an area that is 31% smaller compared to previous devices*2. The native 4K device for projection is the smallest in the world at 0.69”, and allows the projector to achieve a high-definition display at 4K resolution (4096 × 2160 pixels). Furthermore, vertical orientation and planarization technologies reduce defects such as light scattering and diffraction, enhancing contrast. The result is a smooth, high-definition image free of visible pixelation, even when projecting on large screens.
High brightness level and long life with the BLU-Escent laser light source
Support for the next-generation high-image-quality technology, HDR (high dynamic range)
The latest 4K-capable, high-resolution lens
*1 Based on a comparison with the DLA-X9000 manufactured by JVC.
*2 When projection aspect ratio is 16:9.
Reproduction of vivid images through a wide range of colours
Through use of its laser light source and a new cinema filter, the projector achieves 100% coverage of the DCI-P3 display range used in film production. The unit furthermore achieves a minimum 80% coverage of the BT.2020 colour range, used for UHD Blu-ray Discs and 4K and 8K broadcasting. These technologies allow for more accurate reproduction of the natural gradations in images of the sky and the sea, which has presented difficulties in the past. Also improved are differences in the colour contrast between subjects such as flowers of a deep crimson or rose colour, or the different shades of green on tree leaves.
- Original 0.69″ native 4K D-ILA device (4096 x 2160)
- BLU-Escent laser diode light source
- 18-element, 16-group all-glass 100 mm diameter lens system with full aluminium lens barrel
- Brightness of 3,000 lm
- Dynamic contrast: Infinity:1
- 4K signal input (4K60P 4:4:4, 4K60P 4:2:2/36-bit, 4K24P 4:4:4/36-bit)
- Resolution: 4096 x 2160
- Connectors: HDMI x 2 (3D, Deep Colour/HDCP 2.2/18 Gbps), RS-232C (D-sub 9pin) x 1, LAN (RJ-45) x 1, Trigger x 1 (Mini jack, DC12 V/100 mA), 3D Sync x 1 (3-pin mini-DIN), Service (USB Type-A)
- Newly developed 0.69″ native 4K D-ILA device – world’s smallest 4K device for use as home theatre projectors (as of Oct. 2016)
- High-definition display at 4K resolution (4096 x 2160)
- Vertical orientation and planarization technologies of the device reduce light scattering and diffraction to enhance contrast.
- BLU-Escent laser light source uses blue laser diodes to offer high brightness level and long life
- New optical engine optimised for 4K with F2.6 that uses light much more efficiently
- Exceptional brightness of 3,000 lm achieved with the BLU-Escent laser light source and optimised optical engine
- Contrast ratio of infinity:1 achieved with the massive increase in peak brightness
- New lens system incorporating 18-element, 16-group all-glass 100 mm diameter lens and five ED lenses reduces chromatic aberration and colour fringing
- Support for HDR content with extended brightness range with the projector’s high contrast ratio, 80% BT.2020 coverage, dynamic light source control and a peak brightness of 3,000 lm
- Support for Hybrid Log-Gamma, which is expected to be used in future broadcasting
- Multiple Pixel Control technology offers more realistic presentation of images with greater sense of clarity and softness of focus to backgrounds
- Upscaling of Full HD video to 4K
- Smooth and detailed reproduction of fast-moving images such as sports and action movies achieved with two video processing technologies – the blur-reducing Clear Motion Drive, which is compatible with signals up to 4K60p (4:4:4), and Motion Enhance, which minimises motion blurring by optimizing the D-ILA driver
- THX 4K Display Certification to ensure the precise reproduction of picture quality in both 2K and 4K resolution, just as the original filmmaker envisioned.
- Complies with the latest HDMI/HDCP 2.2 standard to enable full spec 4K signal input up to 4K60P 4:4:4
- 4K signal input (4K60P 4:4:4, 4K60P 4:2:2/36-bit, 4K24P 4:4:4/36-bit at 18 Gbps bandwidth)
- ISF C3 (Certified Calibration Controls) mode* to reproduce excellent picture quality optimized for specific environments.
- Wireless transmission options for 3D viewing: RF (radio frequency) system transmission with PK-AG3 3D Glasses for 100H continuous operation and PK-EM2 3D Synchro Emitter
- Auto-Calibration Function using an optical sensor** is capable of optimizing essential elements in the image, including colour balance, gamma characteristics, colour space and colour tracking
- *Professional calibration to desired screen is performed by trained dealers **Exclusive JVC software installed in PC and optical sensor are required. Please visit the JVC website for details.